Crop tops have been seen on celebrities, rocked on runways, fashion shows and off course seen on street style looks. What makes it unique is how you style and wear crop tops with confidence. With crop tops, showing off a little skin is definitely sexy (especially when you have a flat belly), but you can still rock a crop top without showing off too much skin.
The issue about crop tops being limited to people of certain ages has been a trending one for a while. But, it all boils down to styling outfits to fit your age and the right event. Do you think crop tops are for certain ages? (Please share your thoughts)
For this post, I’ll be writing on how to work with a stripped crop top. This will also help you to pair pieces perfectly for the stripe trend.
I compiled looks on how you can style a bold stripped crop top in five different ways . You can pull off this trend in a unique, chic and timeless way. You can also rock them for various occasions, from day look, weekend brunch wear to an elegant night hangout.
Thinking of going bold and neutral this season? For a polished look, pair a crop top (works for sleeveless, elbow length or long sleeve) with a bold colored pleated skirt. I absolutely love this skirt from topshop. It’s available in different colors and I say- rock this outfit with your favorite ankle strap heels.
1. Moku Women’s Crop Monochrome Stripe Jumper for $14; 2. Pink Double Pleat Calf Skirt for $98 3.Marc Jacobs $290 4. Kenneth J Bracelet $60 5. Leopard Print Clutch 6. Zara Ankle Strap $
Who says you can’t go the long route? Pairing a floor length chiffon skirt with a crop top will work perfectly. Adding some slit to the skirt gives you a sexy look. This look can also be styled with heels, depending on the occasion.
1. Moku Women’s Crop Monochrome Stripe Jumper for $14; 2. Chiffon Skirt $18 3.Sweel Woven Flats $24 4. Zara Neon Box Clutch $36 5. Kate Spade Red LipStick $24 6. Extra- Neon Bag $28
Take a risk by pairing contrast patterns (stripes and prints). One key to pairing different prints is to stay within the same family range. With this look, black and white works. Don’t be afraid to rock prints this season!
1. Moku Women’s Crop Monochrome Stripe Jumper for $14; 2. Calf Length Skirt $20 3. Armani Exchange Bag $88 4. Zara Suede Sandal $100 5. J.Crew Sunflower Necklace $50 6. Miss Dior Parfum $90
Denim is a great addition to your the crop top look, especially if you want to show off those well tones abs :). Wearing a distressed jeans makes it more edgy.
1. Moku Women’s Crop Monochrome Stripe Jumper for $14; 2. Distressed Jeans $55 3. Leopard Flats $23 4. Michael Kors Bag $265 5. Gold Chunky Necklace $19
Make an elegant style statement with a floral blazer and jean shorts. This look will work perfectly for both a night and day look. For a day look, you can wear flats for that shopping date with a friend; for a night look, slipping in simple heels will work, especially with the floral blazer.
TIP: Because of the details on the blazer, it’s best to pair this look with simple accessories.
1. Moku Women’s Crop Monochrome Stripe Jumper for $14; 2. Floral Blazer $30 3. Leopard Flats $23 4. Vera Moda Jeans $38 5. Neon Flats $33 6. Michael Kors Jet Set Large Tote $278
EXTRA TIP: The STRIPES ON STRIPES TREND
AX Paris Stripes on Stripes. Buy the complete look HERE
CHECK OUT HOW CELEBRITIES AND BLOGGERS ROCKED THEIR CROP TOP!
BLOGGERS WEARING CROP TOPS
Natasha of BisuousNatasha
Kim of Natural Fashionista
Adaku of Thirdworldprofashional
THE RUNWAY CROP!
VERSACE SPRING RTW 2011
Check out other places to shop for similar styles
1. Jumia: I like this crop top HERE
2. Konga: Floral skirt HERE
3. Beautique-Online stripped skirt HERE
1. Zando purple crop top HERE
2. Woolworths HERE
Which of these Looks are your favorite? How would you style a crop top differently? Please share.
- Style Lounge: Get the Olivia Palermo Look (laizalounge.com)
- One Crop Top, Three Ways (thezoereport.com)